By it’s nature, a building site poses many potential dangers to you, your team and the public. No matter how much focus you give to health and safety, sadly accidents can and do happen. If something does go wrong, injuries can be substantial. And that can mean costly legal claims that can destroy your reputation and leave you facing financial ruin.
Protect your business with builders’ insurance
Builders’ insurance is designed to protect you financially from all the risks your building business faces. As well as threats to health and safety, there are many other hazards that builders face every day.
- You could accidentally damage the property where you are working, leaving you liable to pay for the repairs. For example, a tile falls from the roof and smashes through a conservatory
- If you have expensive tools or plant, they’re at risk of being stolen or damaged
- If you have a van, it needs to be properly insured for use on the road. Ordinary vehicle insurance won’t be valid if you use your van for business
- And have you ever stopped to think what would happen if a customer is unhappy with the standard of your work or advice you have given and sues for compensation?
What does builders’ insurance cover?
Not every builder will need the same level of cover. We’ll carefully put together a bespoke package of insurance that includes everything you need to protect your livelihood. But you won’t be paying out for anything you don’t require.
Your builders’ insurance package could include:
- Public liability
- Employer’s liability (this is a legal requirement if you employ any staff, even if they are part-time)
- Indemnity insurance
- Tools cover
- Van insurance
- Office equipment
- Premises insurance
- Plant cover (for owned or hired plant)
- Stock cover
- Personal accident and illness insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Legal expenses
What public liability limit will I need?
A minimum of £1m public liability cover is standard, but the amount that you need will depend on the scope of your work and if you have contracts that specify a higher limit. We’ll talk through your options to help you to identify what level of cover you need for public liability, as well as helping you to calculate what other insurance cover you need for complete peace of mind.
Are you looking for a cheap builders’ insurance quote?
Whether you’re self-employed or run a large team, speak to our dedicated builders’ insurance team at Park Insurance. We are a family run business with 30 years experience finding high quality insurance at the lowest prices for builders like you.
We’re an independent insurance brokers, which leaves us free to shop around to find the genuinely best deal. And our links with some of the UKs largest insurance companies and large buying power puts us in a strong position when it comes to negotiating lower prices on your behalf.
Call us today on 0117 955 6835 or fill in the form below for a free quote.
Thanks for getting in touch this morning, we'll get back to you as soon as we can later today.
From the blog
The figures make worrying reading for tradespeople: tool theft is on the rise with over half of builders becoming victims … Read more
The March 2019 High Court ruling on The Right to Rent could have serious implications for landlords. It means that … Read more
Now is a great time to start your own mobile catering business. Our passion for street food in the UK … Read more
Word of mouth has always been the best way to find new clients for your hair and beauty business. In … Read more