Mud Event Insurance

If you organise an obstacle course or other mud event, robust public liability insurance is an essential. There’s no denying that assault courses and warrior adventure runs can be a lot of fun. And they can raise a lot of money for your charity or business. But with all that slipping and sliding, accidents and injuries can happen. And that can expose you to financial risk.


What is public liability insurance?


Public liability insurance covers the costs of any legal claims for injury or damage that are brought against you. It pays for legal representation to defend your case as well as any compensation that is awarded. With it, you can have peace of mind that you are protecting your business and your participants and spectators. If they are injured by something to do with your business or event, public liability insurance ensures you can pay them the compensation they deserve.


Why do I need specialist public liability insurance for mud events, obstacle courses, and assault courses?


General public liability insurance will cover you for any compensation you have to pay to a customer, contractor, or member of the public due to accidental injury or damage to property. For example, a spectator trips over trailing wires and hurts themselves. And if you sell food, public liability insurance covers you for claims of food poisoning or allergic reactions to mislabelled products.


By their slippery and adrenaline-fuelled nature, mud events and obstacle courses pose a risk of injury and damage to personal property. That means you need to take out specialist obstacle course or mud event public liability insurance for peace of mind that any accidents will be covered.


We can offer reliable public liability insurance for a wide range of mud activities including:


  • Charity mud runs and obstacle races
  • Corporate team building obstacle courses
  • Endurance race events
  • Assault courses
  • Warrior runs
  • Mudder events
  • Tough guy challenges


Tailored insurance to meet your complete business needs


As well as public liability insurance, we can build you a tailored package of insurance to meet all your business needs. This could include:

  • Employer’s liability insurance – a legal requirement if you employ any members of staff
  • Event cancellation insurance – to cover you for financial loss if you have to cancel the event
  • Equipment cover – protects you if expensive equipment is damaged

Do I also need employer’s liability insurance?


As an employer you are responsible for your employees whilst they are at work. If they suffer an accident in the workplace such as a injury while lifting or suffer any physical or mental illness brought on by work, they could bring a claim against you for compensation. Employer’s liability insurance offers you the same financial peace of mind as public liability insurance, but caters specifically for your employees. It is a legal requirement if you employ any members of staff, even if they only work part-time.


Public liability insurance specialists


Park Insurance specialise in public liability insurance for events and the leisure industry. Our expert events team understands the unique requirements of organising obstacle courses and mud events. Because of tour familiarity with your industry, we’re in a strong position to negotiate with insurance companies to secure a competitive price for your event. We’re independent so you can be sure that we’re giving you impartial advice. And we use our expertise to make sure that there are no nasty surprises lurking in the small print that could leave you underinsured.


For a free quote on obstacle course or mud event insurance, call our friendly team on 0117 95556835 or fill in the form below.


    Get a quote now..