Entertainer Insurance

Whether you’re a musician, children’s entertainer, DJ, cabaret artist, street performer or any other type of entertainer, your work inevitably brings you close to the public on a regular basis.

Of course, while this is the lifeblood of what you do – entertaining the public – it also leaves you vulnerable to the risk of litigation should something go wrong. This is where entertainer insurance comes in handy.

Public liability insurance for entertainers

Clearly the specific risks and hazards that may occur will vary depending on the type of entertainment work you do, but generally just about anything that brings you into close contact with the public has the potential to go awry. If this results in someone being injured or suffering loss to themself or their property, they may bring a claim for compensation against you. By having entertainer insurance that includes public liability cover, you can effectively protect yourself from the financial consequences.

If you’re just starting out, it’s also worth bearing in mind that some venues may not book you to perform if you do not have your own public liability cover.

Other types of entertainer insurance

If you use expensive equipment – such as musical instruments, amplifiers and props – as part of your act, it may also be prudent to take out cover for these in case of theft, loss or accidental damage.

Your entertainer insurance policy might also include cover which will pay out in the event that you’re unable to work because of damage/loss to your equipment or due to personal injury. While it might be easy to scoff at this level of cover as unnecessary, it can really come into its own during ‘the bad times’, particularly for self-employed entertainers who are dependent on themselves.

To find out more about our insurance for entertainers, and to get a free quote, give us a call today.

    Get a quote now..