Home Renovation Insurance

Your house and content insurance package is probably more than sufficient for your current needs. Your property is covered against damage – but what if you are planning a major renovation? Will your current home insurance policy cover you during the renovation period, as well as continuing to provide you with the insurance you need once the alterations are complete?

The answer is probably not. Buildings insurance policies rarely cover any potential damage to your property during extensive renovations, and unfortunately that is the one time when the risk of serious damage to your property can occur. If you are undertaking a major property renovation (especially if you are making alterations that will result in a ‘change of use’), you are required to inform your insurance provider first.

As the level of risk is increased, so are the chances of you making a claim. That makes insurance providers nervous, and they will either increase the cost of your cover considerably, or even withdraw cover completely, leaving you effectively uninsured. If the renovation then goes wrong, you could lose hundreds or even thousands of pounds.

Make Park Insurance your partner

So if you are about to make major alterations to your property, it’s worth considering additional home renovation insurance. At Park Insurance, we’re experts in specialist insurance policies for property owners and landlords, and can advise you on the best type of renovation insurance cover for your project.

Contract works

There is a clause known as ‘contract works’, which means you rely on the contractors insurance to provide cover for the duration of the renovation. However, this can leave you vulnerable to gaps in cover or even conflicts if a claim is made. So for added peace of mind, talk to one of our specialist advisors, who will be able to help you with specific home renovation insurance cover for the duration of your project.

Our advisors have been providing clients with expert help for over 20 years, and our position as preferred broker to many of the UK’s leading insurance providers means that we can get the best deals, and pass the savings directly onto you.

Call us now for friendly, informal advice and to find out more about our specialist home renovation insurance.

    Get a quote now