Catering Insurance

Catering Insurance

Whether you’re a pub or restaurant offering outside catering for weddings and other events, or you’re a full-time mobile caterer, it can be highly satisfying knowing the difference that you’ve made to someone’s special day. But in doing so, you still need to be careful to protect yourself, and not leave yourself unnecessarily exposed to financial risk should events take a turn for the worse.

At Park Insurance we have been providing specialist insurance to those working in the food industry for more than 20 years. We use our position as preferred brokers to some of the UK’s biggest insurance providers to find you catering insurance that will mean all you have to worry about is what delicious delicacies you’re going to serve up. And we can make sure it fits your budget too.

Insurance for caterers

As with any type of insurance, an effective catering insurance policy should cover you for all of the main risks that you’re likely to be exposed to. Park Insurance has the experience within the sector to be able to advise you of the best caterer’s insurance policies, and to help you get the most cost-effective prices.

The first thing you’ll need to consider is insuring your physical assets. As a caterer, that would be the van or other vehicle that you use to transport your food and equipment, the equipment itself, and any buildings that you use a base for prepping. Your insurance policy should ideally cover you in the event that any of these are stolen, damaged or destroyed by an accident.

You and your staff are also major assets to the business, and ones that are far more difficult to replace! For yourself, you should consider investing in personal injury insurance, which will cover you in the event that you have an accident and are unable to work for a time. If you employ others then employers’ liability insurance is a mandatory aspect of your catering insurance requirements, even if they’re part-time or sub-contracted.

Public liability insurance for catering is also highly recommended, as it will cover you in the event that anyone suffers food poisoning as a result of negligence on your part.

So if you want peace of mind at a price you can afford, contact our friendly advisers at Park Insurance today to find out more about caterer’s insurance, and get a free quote.

    Get a quote now