If you own a laundrette or dry cleaners, you’re taking responsibility for your customer’s precious garments. Most of the time it’s straightforward and you can focus on running your business. But what happens if something goes wrong, and the clothes in your care are damaged, lost or stolen? Laundrette insurance is designed to protect your business from these risks. With it, you have peace of mind that any compensation claims can be paid.
What can laundrette insurance cover?
Because of their explosive nature, anything connected with fireworks is high risk. And that can make finding the right insurance more complicated.
Specialist laundrette and dry cleaners insurance gives you a higher level of protection that a standard shop insurance policy. It covers you for the specific risks that your business faces and can be extended to meet your specific needs.
Some of the common things that can go wrong:
- A customer or employee could slip on wet floor and injure themselves, resulting in a claim for compensation
- Someone burns themselves on a machine that gets overheated resulting in a personal injury claim
- Your machine damages clothes, resulting in a claim for damage to property
- The wrong item is given to a customer, the original cannot be retrieved and your customer sues you for its value
What businesses can be insured?
Whether you have one shop or a chain of dry cleaners, it’s a manned laundrette or unmanned, or it’s a commercial laundry or a high street shop, Park Insurance can source and tailor your laundrette insurance to meet your specific business needs.
What types of laundrette insurance cover do I need to consider?
Depending on the size and type of your business, you’ll have different insurance needs. Our dedicated team at Park Insurance will create a bespoke package covering everything you do need, but nothing that you don’t. That means no unnecessary expense but complete peace of mind that your business is protected.
Our expert brokers can guide you through the insurance options available to help you decide what you need. This could include:
- Public liability. This covers you for any accidental damage or injury to people or possessions by anything to do with your business. It can be extended to specifically cover garments that are damaged or lost
- Depending on your business, your insurance can be extended to offer cover for high-value single item limits. This can be particularly useful if you handle expensive leather goods or designer evening gowns
- Premises insurance. This covers your business premises from fire, flood, theft
- Equipment cover. Protecting your expensive machines from accidental damage or vandalism
- Employer’s liability insurance. This is required by law if you have any members of staff
- Commercial vehicle insurance. An essential if you run a delivery service or use a vehicle for your business
- Goods in transit cover. Protecting items whilst they are on the move
- Money cover. If you have cash on site, you can be a target for thieves. Money cover pays out if money is stolen whilst on site or in transit to be banked
- Business interruption insurance
When you buy your laundrette and dry cleaning insurance from Park Insurance you’ll get more than just reliable cover at a great price. You’ll also have access to our friendly, professional claims team in Bristol. If you do need to make a claim, they can handle it all for you, so you can get back to running your business.
Cheap laundrette insurance you can rely on
Your laundrette or dry cleaning business faces specific risks, so you need specialist insurance for complete peace of mind. At Park Insurance we have 30 years experience helping businesses like yours. We are an independent insurance brokerage, so we’re not tied to any one insurance company. That means we’re free to shop around to find you the best value deal on cover that will truly meet your business needs. Call us on 0117 9556835 or fill in the form below for a free, no-obligation quote.
Thanks for getting in touch at the weekend, we'll get back to you as soon as we soon as we can after the weekend.
From the blog
If you want to combine working with children with the flexibility of working from home, setting up a nursery could … Read more
What could be a more delicious business idea than selling ice cream? You can be your own boss and you … Read more
Mobile phones keep us connected on the go. You can let your family know you’re running late or catch up … Read more
Lord Sugar famously went from market stall seller to one of the UK’s wealthiest people. Chris Dawson, the billionaire owner … Read more