If you own a laundrette or dry cleaners, you’re taking responsibility for your customer’s precious garments. Most of the time, it’s straightforward and you can focus on running your business. But what happens if something goes wrong and the clothes in your care are damaged, lost or stolen?
Laundrette insurance is designed to protect your business from these risks. With it, you have peace of mind that any compensation claims can be paid. Insurance for your laundry business is an essential consideration for any new or existing business.
What can laundrette insurance cover?
As all laundrette businesses are slightly different, finding the right laundrette insurance can be a challenge. At Park Insurance, we tailor your insurance to your needs, so you can benefit from a customised insurance package that reflects your commercial requirements.
Our specialist laundrette and dry cleaners insurance also gives you a higher level of protection than a standard shop insurance policy. It covers you for the particular risks associated with running a laundrette and can be modified to accommodate other business needs, too.
When running a laundrette or dry cleaning business, there is a wide range of events you might need to mitigate against. For instance:
- A customer or employee could slip on a wet floor and injure themselves, resulting in a compensation claim.
- Someone could burn themselves on a machine that overheats, resulting in a personal injury claim.
- Your machines could damage clothes, resulting in a claim for damage to property.
- You could accidentally give the wrong item to a customer and not be able to retrieve the original. In such a case, the customer could sue you to recoup their money.
Laundrette owners also need to account for the staff they employ, damage to their business premises and any equipment malfunctions.
Why do I need laundrette insurance?
Your business is your livelihood and most people want to protect that at all costs. Unfortunately, events that are completely out of your hands can derail your business and cause considerable stress, strain and trouble. The financial implications may also mean you struggle to keep the business afloat.
Business owners invest more than just money in their businesses. They invest their time, care and attention, too. At Park Insurance, we believe you should be able to operate your business without having to worry about the ‘what-ifs’. Our laundrette insurance policies are for anyone who wants to secure their investment and prevent mistakes and accidents from damaging their livelihood.
What businesses can be insured?
Whether you have one shop or a chain of dry cleaners, a manned laundrette or an unmanned one, or you own a commercial laundry or a high street shop, Park Insurance can source and tailor laundrette insurance to meet your specific business needs.
We have considerable experience working with businesses in the laundrette industry and recognise that all of our partners are different. That’s why we strive to insure a wide range of businesses and to accommodate all circumstances. If your business has very specific business requirements, the best thing you can do is get in touch and speak to one of our experienced team members. They’ll talk you through your options and detail how we can help.
What types of laundrette insurance cover do I need to consider?
The size and type of business you run will impact your insurance needs. Our dedicated team at Park Insurance will create a bespoke package covering everything you need but nothing you don’t. That means no unnecessary expense yet complete peace of mind that your business is protected.
Our expert brokers can guide you through the insurance options available to help you decide what you need. This could include:
- Public liability. This covers you for any accidental damage or injury to people or possessions by anything to do with your business. It can also be extended to specifically cover lost or damaged garments.
- Depending on your business, your insurance can be extended to offer cover for high-value, single-item limits. This can be particularly useful if you handle expensive leather goods or designer evening gowns.
- Premises insurance. This covers your business premises from fires, floods or theft.
- Equipment cover. Protecting your expensive machines from accidental damage or vandalism.
- Employers’ liability insurance. This is required by law if you have any members of staff.
- Commercial vehicle insurance. An essential if you run a delivery service or use a vehicle for your business.
- Goods in transit cover. Protects items while they’re on the move.
- Money cover. If you have cash on site, you can be a target for thieves. Money cover pays out if money is stolen while it’s onsite or in transit to be banked.
- Business interruption insurance.
When you buy your laundrette and dry cleaning insurance from Park Insurance, you get more than just reliable cover at a great price. You also benefit from access to our friendly, professional claims team in Bristol. If you need to make a claim, they’ll handle it all for you, so you can get back to running your business.
Laundrette insurance FAQs
How much does laundrette insurance cost?
As all of our policies are tailored to the needs of individual customers, it’s difficult to put a precise price on a laundrette policy. Policies start at around £200 a year but the exact figure will depend on what you want to be covered. If you’re concerned about cost, give us a call and request a quote. We’ll ask you a few questions and give you an initial estimate. You can then decide whether you want to go any further and receive a more detailed figure.
What happens if I need to claim?
At Park Insurance, we pride ourselves on being a friendly, approachable team that prioritises excellent customer service. If you need to make a claim, just give us a call, provide us with the necessary information and we’ll handle the rest. A key aspect of the Park Insurance service is relieving business owners of stress and strain which is why we process all claims on your behalf.
What if I own more than one laundrette?
If you own a chain of laundrettes, we’ll consider that when providing a quote. We currently work with several companies that operate multiple premises and always find our customers the best deal – no matter how small or large their business is.
Do you only insure laundrettes in Bristol?
We may be based in lovely Bristol but we insure laundrettes up and down the country. There are no geographical restrictions on which UK businesses we provide policies for, so it doesn’t matter whether you are in Edinburgh, Brighton or Cardiff.
Cost-effective laundrette insurance you can rely on
Your laundrette or dry cleaning business faces specific risks, so you need specialist insurance for complete peace of mind. At Park Insurance, we have 30 years of experience helping businesses like yours. We’re an independent insurance brokerage, so we’re not tied to any one insurance company. That means we’re free to shop around and find you the best value deals to meet your exact business needs.
Call us on 0117 9556835 or fill in the form below for a free, no-obligation quote.
Thanks for getting in touch this evening, we'll get back to you as soon as we can tomorrow.