The trend for getting inked continues with an estimated 1-in-5 people in the UK having at least one tattoo. With an increase in the number of tattoos being done, there’s also a rise in the number of tattoos that people regret. Whether it’s the name of a past romance or an unfortunate picture or phrase, tattoo removal technicians are finding their skills in demand. But a tattoo removal procedure is not as straightforward as getting the tattoo in the first place. That means things can, and do, go wrong. And that can mean costly legal bills.
Most medical clinic, tattoo artist, and beautician insurance policies won’t cover you for tattoo removal procedures. Instead, you’ll need dedicated tattoo removal insurance.
Cover yourself financially with tattoo removal insurance?
Tattoo removal insurance covers you or your business specifically for legal claims as a result of you removing a tattoo from a customer. This includes:
- Public liability insurance if your customer is injured or their property damaged during their visit to your place of work to have their tattoo removed. For example, they slip on a wet floor and hurt themselves. Or a product in your salon is spilt on their designer handbag damaging it.
- Public liability insurance that covers any injury caused to your customer during the tattoo removal procedure itself.
- Legal fees cover for claims of sexual misconduct. Removing tattoos means you’ll often be working in intimate areas and in very close contact with people. You may also often be working on your own. These factors can increase your risk of sexual allegations being made against you.
- Public liability insurance that pays out legal expenses if your customer suffers an infection as a result of the tattoo removal procedure and makes a claim against you.
Buy tattoo removal insurance as part of your medical clinic insurance, tattoo artist insurance or beauty salon insurance cover
Tattoo removal insurance isn’t the only insurance you’re likely to need. Buy it at the same time as your other vital insurance cover for a great value bundle deal.
Other insurance you may need to consider includes:
- Premises insurance for your clinic, tattoo studio, or beauty salon.
- Specialist equipment insurance.
- Business interruption insurance.
- Employer’s liability insurance.
Value for money tattoo removal insurance you can rely on
When it comes to insurance it’s not just the price you need to consider. If your insurance doesn’t cover everything you need, you could find yourself seriously out of pocket. Our friendly, professional team has been helping tattoo removal technicians, tattoo artists, and beauticians to secure reliable insurance at value for money prices for 30 years.
Because we understand your unique business needs, we’ll help you to make sure that nothing gets left out. We’ll make sure you’re not paying over the odds for anything you don’t actually need. And because our family-run business is independent, we are free to shop around and negotiate a great deal on your behalf. Call us now on 0117 955 6835 or fill in the form below for your free, no obligation quote.
Thanks for getting in touch at the weekend, we'll get back to you as soon as we soon as we can after the weekend.
From the blog
Is 2019 the year you will achieve your perfect work/life balance and become an outdoor activity instructor? If you’ve decided … Read more
Planning for the unthinkable is one of the most important things you can do for your family. Unfortunately, none of … Read more
An anticipated fall in the cost of home insurance for flood-prone properties will spread some Christmas cheer to thousands of … Read more
Can dashcams lower your car insurance? You can hardly switch on the TV or YouTube without watching dashcam footage revealing … Read more