Guest House Insurance

Guest House Insurance

Guest House Insurance

Running a warm and welcoming guest house in the country, or a slick and sophisticated city bolt hole for tired and weary travellers is a great business opportunity. The hospitality industry is a rewarding sector – as long as you’re prepared to put in the hard work. However, it’s also important to remember that no matter how big or small your guest house, you need to run it in a professional manner, and that includes making sure you have the right insurance from the moment you open the doors. And that’s where we can help.

Park Insurance – a great business partner

Guest house insurance means you, your finances and your assets are shielded against most situations. From getting the right buildings and contents insurance, to Public Liability insurance that protects you and your business’ finances, you need to make sure that your insurance package is custom-made to fit your exact requirements. At Park Insurance we have a particularly close affinity with the hospitality industry, and thanks to 30 years’ experience in the insurance sector we can combine our expertise in both fields to find you the right insurance that’s specifically tailored to guest house owners.

Whether you’re opening your doors for the first time, or have been a guest house operator for decades, our professional and impartial advisers can help with trustworthy, customer-focused advice and great deals on guest house insurance.

What guest house insurance do you need?

Before you welcome your first paying customers, make sure your insurance is in place. Remember that your standard building and contents insurance won’t cover you if you are running a business from your premises. So you will need to revise both your buildings and your contents cover to reflect this major change. Failure to do so could mean that you are not insured if the worst happens.

Public Liability Insurance – This is an absolute essential. While it may not be mandatory, it does provide you with that all-important financial protection in the event of a compensation or injury claim made by a guest. Buy the most comprehensive PLI package you can afford.

Employer’s Liability Insurance – This is the only type of insurance (apart from vehicle insurance) that is a legal requirement if you employ anyone to help you operate your business. If that person is only working part-time, is a sub-contractor or is a member of the family, you still need to take out ELI. Talk to one of our advisers to find out if you need to include this in your package.

Other insurance cover that is useful for guest house operators includes:

  • Guests’ possessions cover – this protects you financially should a guest lose a personal possession or suffer any damage while staying in your guest house
  • Bookings cover – this will recompense you financially if you have to cancel bookings at short notice due to events such as fires, flood, a burst pipe or other natural disasters
  • Legal cover – often overlooked but absolutely essential to minimise the financial impact of any legal costs in the event of a compensation claim or other situation where you need to call on the advice of a solicitor

Find out more about guest house insurance from Park

No matter how big or small your guest house, we have the right cover for you. Find out more about guest house insurance packages from Park Insurance and get your free, no-obligation quote by filling out our Contact form, or call one of our friendly team today for in-depth, no-nonsense advice.

    Get a quote now