Insurance Broker Apprenticeship
What is an insurance broker apprenticeship?
Insurance broker apprenticeships are the first step of an exciting career journey in the insurance industry. The Park Insurance apprenticeship offers a well-rounded introduction to the insurance industry and valuable experience working directly with clients from different industries.
What will you do as an apprentice insurance broker?
Insurance apprenticeships involve an array of important day-to-day responsibilities, including:
- Answering client queries and questions over the phone and via email.
- Providing customers with insurance advice, such as what to do in the event of a loss.
- Assessing and reviewing new customer claims as they arise.
- Broking an array of different policies for new and existing clients.
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities and helping to fill gaps in client coverage.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with a large client base.
The benefits of Park Insurance’s apprenticeship programme:
As an apprentice insurance broker with Park Insurance, you get paid a salary while building a career in an exciting industry. You will also work toward a valuable level three qualification fully paid for by Park Insurance and the UK government.
What will you learn about as an apprentice?
During an insurance broker apprenticeship, you will learn about:
- What an insurance broker does and the wider insurance landscape.
- Customer service and how to maintain professional relationships.
- How the insurance sector is regulated.
- Commercial awareness and professionalism in insurance.
- Making difficult decisions while putting the customer first and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Apprenticeship career roadmap and prospects
An insurance apprenticeship opens doors to many different careers, including:
Underwriting – Involves assessing a client’s risk profile to an insurance company like Park.
Loss adjusting – Entails investigating complex or contentious claims on behalf of an insurer.
Reinsurance – Involves an insurance company taking out its own insurance to guard itself against costly claims.
Account Management – Entails finding and developing business relationships with new clients to increase an insurance company’s sales while maintaining existing client relationships.
Who can qualify for Park Insurance’s apprenticeship programme?
Insurance broker apprenticeships are open to anyone finishing full or part-time education and those looking to move in a new direction on their career journey. We are especially looking for individuals who can demonstrate solid, transferable skills from previous employment and candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Additionally, candidates for Park Insurance’s insurance apprenticeships must meet the following criteria:
- They must be new to the insurance industry, with no more than two years’ experience working within a broking, claims, or underwriting role.
- They must have proven themselves in a professional environment and will ideally have some professional qualifications.
- GCSE English and Math with at least grade C or four.
- They must have been a UK resident for three years.
- They cannot be in full-time education or completing any government funded training or qualifications.
What qualities does Park Insurance look for in potential insurance brokers?
At Park Insurance, we owe our success to the people we employ. We don’t simply appoint staff based solely on experience or qualifications; instead, we find the right people to fit into our business. As such, candidates for insurance apprenticeships will need:
- The ability to work in a team and build strong working relationships.
- An air of excitement, passion, and drive.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- An ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
What are the benefits of working for Park Insurance?
As an apprentice insurance broker with Park Insurance, you get to work in a welcoming, friendly, highly driven team that provides an industry-leading service. Many of our staff have worked with Park Insurance for over a decade. As a new starter, you can expect their full support throughout your time with the company.
Who we are
Park Insurance is a specialist insurance company based in Bristol. In its 30 years in the insurance sector, Park Insurance has built a reputation of excellence as a customer-focused, forward-thinking company. Today, the firm is behind some of the industry’s leading insurance websites, including Easy2Insure, Pet Secure, Salon Secure and Secure Underwriting. Thanks to high service standards and the experience of our staff, we have become one of the largest and most successful family-owned insurance brokers in the West Country.
Find out more and apply for our apprenticeship
If you’d like to find out more about the Park Insurance Broker apprenticeship, please complete the form below. One of our careers team will be in touch.