Park Insurance has teamed up with Fortis Insurance Ltd to offer a Comprehensive policy for today’s Holidaymakers, Business Travellers, Winter Sports enthusiasts, and Frequent Travellers.
Unfortunately, the unexpected can occur whilst you are on your trip. The policy provides a 24-hour assistance service to ensure that even in an emergency situation you are in safe hands. So, you can rest assured that whilst our policies will save you money it will not be at the expense of cutting valuable cover.
Please read the information below before proceeding with an insurance quotation.
For You or Anyone Travelling With You:
The insurance policy contains important health restrictions. You must be able to make the following declaration for yourself and each insured person.
To the best of my knowledge, the following apply:
- Nobody is waiting for an operation, hospital consultation (other than for regular check-ups), or other hospital treatment or investigations.
- Nobody has received treatment, other than regular medication in the last 12 months for:
- any blood disorder
- any psychiatric illness
- any form of cancer, leukaemia or tumour
- dialysis treatment
- a transplant
- Nobody diagnosed as HIV positive has required treatment for HIV or any HIV-related illness.
- Nobody has any breathing or heart problem which has needed hospital treatment in the last 12 months.
- Nobody has been seen by a specialist in the last three months (other than for regular check-ups) or been admitted to a hospital overnight.
- Nobody will travel against medical advice or to get medical treatment.
- Nobody has been given a terminal prognosis by a registered doctor.
- I do not know of any reason (medical or otherwise) why the trip is likely to be cancelled or cut short.
If you, or anyone travelling with you cannot agree with this declaration when you take out the insurance, you must phone Park Insurance on 0117 9556835, so that we are able to get approval from our insurers for cover.
If there is any change in your medical condition or, the medical condition of anyone travelling with you (after taking out this insurance, but before you travel) and you can no longer agree with the declaration, you must contact the Fortis Health Line immediately on 08701 222 039, quoting scheme code FT1. They will tell you if your cover can continue. If we cannot continue cover you may claim for the cost of cancelling at that time.
For annual multi-trip cover you must agree with this declaration each time you book a trip.
For a close relative or business associate or anyone else who is not an insured person and whose health may affect the trip:
If, at the time of taking out this insurance (or booking a trip if this was later), they had a medical condition for which they:
- were receiving treatment at hospital
- were waiting for a hospital consultation or treatment; or
- had been given a terminal prognosis, or been told that their condition is likely to get worse in the next 12 months;
The policy will not pay for any problem related to such a medical condition.
Thanks for getting in touch this morning, we'll get back to you as soon as we can later today.
From the blog
- Read more