The Best Insurance for Showmen, Fairgrounds, and Leisure Attractions – What to look for when it comes to cover

Insurance for Showmen

The Best Insurance for Showmen, Fairgrounds, and Leisure Attractions – What to look for when it comes to cover

From high-energy rides to traditional shows and displays, we flock to the fair or leisure park to be entertained. But, unfortunately, it’s not always fun and games. Figures released last year found that nearly 500 people were injured at funfairs or theme parks in just 12 months. With compensation for personal injury just one of the many financial claims you can face, if you’re a showman or run a fairground or leisure attraction the right showmen insurance will give you peace of mind that you’re covered whatever happens.

At Park Insurance, we’re proud to be trusted by 75% of showmen in the UK to secure reliable showmen insurance cover at the best price. Call us on 0117 955 6835 for a quote. During March you’ll also receive up to £100k legal cover for free (worth £150 – £200)*

*new customers offer

Just like with any business or domestic insurance, you can save money if you know exactly what cover you need to have and what you don’t. Follow our quick guide so you know what to look out for.

What showmen insurance do I need?

Public liability insurance

A fairground or leisure attraction poses lots of health and safety risks. Areas where claims can arise include:

  • A member of the public is hurt when using your ride, at your show or because of something to do with your site
  • A member of the public suffers food poisoning or an allergic reaction to incorrectly labelled food sold at your site

Public liability insurance for Showmen is an absolute essential for your peace of mind. It will cover your legal fees to defend claims against you for injury to people or for claims of damage or loss to property as a result of something to do with your business. It will also pay out any compensation costs that are awarded.

Employers liability insurance

It’s not just the public who can make a claim against you for injury. Over 170 injuries to workers at funfairs and amusement parks were reported between 2012-2015. If your Limited Company employ members of staff, even if they are family members, it is a legal requirement to have employer’s liability insurance. If any member of staff makes claim against you for injury or illness, it will pay out for your legal fees and for any compensation that is awarded.

Other areas of insurance you might want to consider:

  • Vehicle insurance. Cover the vehicles you use for your business, including those used for towing, as well as private-use vehicles.
  • Equipment insurance. Could you afford to replace the equipment you use for your show or ride? Make sure your livelihood is secured with insurance that will let you repair or replace damaged or lost equipment quickly and without any fuss.
  • Caravan or chalet and contents insurance. If you live in a caravan or chalet, take out the right insurance to protect you from theft or damage.
  • Goods in transit cover. If you’re often on the road, you’ll need specific insurance to make sure your essential equipment is covered.
  • Sound and lighting cover. Specialist lighting or sound rigs can cost thousands. Make sure this high-value asset is protected from theft or damage with dedicated insurance.

What about if I hire out my equipment to someone else?

If you hire out equipment to a third party, they are responsible for taking out their own insurance. However, you’ll still need insurance for peace of mind that you’re covered from any claims from the person you hire it to in the case that the equipment is faulty.

What happens if I don’t have insurance?

Whilst we never know what is around the corner, and no matter how vigilant you are, accidents at fairgrounds and shows can and do happen. Imagine the severe disruption to your business that you’ll face if you don’t have the legal support and financial peace of mind that showmen insurance can bring?

You’ll have to find the money needed to pay for your legal fees and for any compensation. Failure to have legally required cover, such as employers’ liability insurance, can also result in fines of up to £2,500 a day for every day you are not properly insured.

Trusted experts in finding the best insurance deals for showmen, fairgrounds and leisure attractions

Our friendly, expert team at Park Insurance has 30 years of experience finding the right insurance for Showmen at the best price. We’re a family-run business that understands the specific needs of travelling showmen, fairgrounds and leisure parks. We can help you to get the cover you need with no hidden extras or surprises in the small print – plus we only use trusted UK sources for our liability insurance.

You can have complete confidence in our team. Our Showmen specialists, for example, have 85 years of collective experience between them.

Get more for your money in March – Free legal cover* worth up to £200 for extra peace of mind

Take out personal injury or personal liability insurance with Park Insurance during March 2017 and we’ll give you up to £100k legal cover with access to vital helplines and support to help you to deal with situations at no extra cost.

*new customers offer

This free extra package (worth between £150 and £200) can help you deal with:

  • Employment disputes
  • Employment compensation awards
  • Employment restrictive covenants
  • Tax protection
  • Property
  • Legal defence
  • Compliance and regulation
  • Statutory licence appeals
  • Loss of earnings
  • Employees’ extra protection
  • Crisis communication
  • Contract and debt
  • Business legal advice helpline
  • Counselling helpline
  • Crisis communication helpline
  • Redundancy approval helpline

Call our team now on 0117 955 6835 or get a quote online.